Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sweet Lil' Cowboy Baby Shower

Had the pleasure of working with a special friend on this baby shower for her sister.  The mom-to-be bought a pair of baby cowboy boots early on in her pregnancy, hence the western cowboy theme.  The colors of her nursery are brown, turquoise and green. 

The sign is a gift I made for the new mommy from an old frame. The unfinished letters are from Michaels.  The props I used are all things I had around the house, my house isn't rustic, and was surprised I had accumulated so many rustic items.  I guess living in Texas for 6 years helped ;-) and since my oldest daughter loves horses, I had alot of inspiration.

TIP:
Tissue paper and I are not the closest of friends!  I make all my poms out of paper napkins!  You can buy luncheon and beverage napkins for medium and small size poms.  The brown poms are made out of luncheon napkins - 50 napkins to a pack - makes 5 poms for a total of $3!  Just unfold the napkins, lay 10 on top of each other, and fold accordian style (same instructions as the tissue paper poms).


I recently did a party where the theme was polka dots.  I found polka dot napkins and they made the cutest poms!  They are much fluffier than tissue paper, more durable and less expensive!




























































VENDOR CREDITS

Candy Buffet:
Elaine Citro, Sweet As Sugar Candy Buffets

Cupcakes:
Sarah Watkins, Sweet Sarah Cakes

Invitations, Printables, Props:
Tammy Mutter, Meghily's~Party in Style

No comments:

Post a Comment