Sunday, June 23, 2013

ROOM MAKEOVER

My baby girl turned double digits last month.  In our house, that means a room redo!  When they turn 10, they get to choose their room colors/bedding/accessories, of course all on a budget.  Emily wanted a 'Lilly Pulitzer' inspired room, and it all started with the quilt set we found at home goods. Great price and received the quilt/2 shams/3 throw pillows. 

Lots of painting...many cans of spray paint and hot glueing, this is what we came up with.








































I found the bed on craig's list and painted it, it took 6 coats of paint to cover this sucker and it even had 2 coats of primer.  The side table I scored for FREE!  The other furniture we already had, it was my grandmothers, just freshened up a bit.  We re-used her lamps, I spray painted the brass parts green, and recovered all the shades. Sewed 4 pillows from my fabric stash.  I want to monogram her pillows, but ran out of time.

The yellow chairs, have been in my basement for a few years, they were also FREE!
I spray painted them yellow and recovered the cushions.  The white table in between the chairs was a score for $5 a few years back. 

My husband is happy that some stuff in the garage is finally starting to move out ;-) I can't pass up a good bargain!
 
Most everything in her room was recycled. I was sad to see her little room go, knowing that she is growing up, but we are both pleased as punch with the end results.


No comments:

Post a Comment