Thursday, August 29, 2013

SHE HAD A BALL!

GG's Grand Slam Birthday
Our MVP turned 99 this month!  How to celebrate...with her favorite sport, Baseball.  Over the Summer,  we took my grandmother to see a minor league game for an early birthday present.  The hard part was how to create a party around this theme that wasn't masculine or childish.   After many days of searching, I stumbled upon the cutest vintage girl playing baseball, and then it all came together from this inspiration! 

My mom and grandmother have a lot of vintage postcards and paper dolls.  So this image fit in perfect!   

The inspiration for the party!







Our family line up includes 121 and counting!  My sister had the task of updating our family tree this year, so she was my source for the line-up and roster - which will change next month with an upcoming wedding.





After lunch, we had a family baseball game on GG's Field of Dreams and enjoyed root beer floats from the "Ninety-Nine Bottles of Root Beer on the Wall" station.
 

Ninety-Nine Bottles of "Root Beer" on the Wall - Make your own root beer float!




We all had a ball, and look forward to Thanksgiving when we will all be together again!  
The game ended in a tie, so there will be a rematch between the Farm Donkeys and Cow Patties.

{The names are courtesy of one of my 20 cousins and my brother-in-law - luckily I was a farm donkey.}








No comments:

Post a Comment